Wednesday, August 30, 2017

The first time with Iron Maiden

Music has ever been present in my life. At different moments, years and stages of my life, I have enjoyed it. Moving me from classic to experimental, slow to heavy or very popular to unknown musicians, I have learned to appreciate the creativity and quality behind it. As it is said, just exist good and bad music. So, Why do we remember particular songs, groups or concerts? Probably because a particular emotion is associated with the memory, in a particular time and place. And that is exactly what I feel when I remember the first time that I lived a concert of Iron Maiden, the band that joined me from the adolescence. It was a warm day in the summer of 2001, many people waiting for their, many expectations and a lot of energy flowing through us. The concert started with "Brave new world", and finished with the classic "The number of the beast", "Iron maiden", Hallowed by the name", etc. (I don´t remember exactly what was the last song, but sure it was amazing). Cellphones and firelighter light up the scene, and a chorus of fifty or sixty thousand souls were the perfect company of the Dickinson´s voice. My friends were beside me, and we could not believe the experience that we lived. At the end, overtired, with at least one kilogram less (due to the dehydration) and with the mission to find the way to come back home, we strengthened our friendship, and maybe that is the reason why it has been a very special moment and a great concert.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like an amazing experience, i would like to have money to go to a concert. The most similar to a concert, to me, was when Weichafe played in plaza italia for free e.e

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iron Maiden!!! And with Dickinson!
    You saw them ten years younger than I hahaha. And they still rock hard as hell \m/

    ReplyDelete
  3. by the way that you described the atmosphere that was in the concert I imagine how you enjoyed it! I have gone through several experiences similar to yours and I also don't forget any feeling of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Iron Maiden was my first concert and it was great. An overdose of classical songs, one of the best concerts I've ever attended.

    ReplyDelete