Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Post 10: English experience

The year is finishing, this class too. So, it is time to evaluate and report the experience. In general, I have a positive and thankful evaluation. This class is the number … I really don’t remember how many times I have been enrolled in an English class, and the majority of times I have finished boring and disengaged. Maybe for the kind of knowledge (a new language), the used didactics, the lack of usefulness-relevance in the daily life or a mix of all, but ever the final taste is not completely sweet. This time has been different. Blog activities have been motivating, simple but effective, and definitely challenging. The continuous writing exercise is a perfect way to improve English skills, vocabulary a final proficiency. I admit that at the beginning I felt uncomfortable writing about certain topics, but as time went by, I recovered an old fascination by the writing. Today I can write faster than three months ago, although the checking of English expressions is a necessity yet. In the other hand, direct classes on Fridays were useful but could be better. Interactions in English are uncommon here in Chile, we don’t have the necessity, so an English class is a perfect instance to practice it. Regarding the video records, it was absolutely new and motivating. I checked the first video three or four times, learning a lot from the mistakes and overcoming it, I hope.
Finally, the experience to share a class again with younger people was an extra and unexpected learning. From the point of view of a teacher, many things are invisible, and in my role of student, I appreciated things in my partners that have helped me to improve my teaching skills.

Thanks all.

No comments:

Post a Comment